Semantrica Ltd is a social enterprise trading as tiscreport.org. Both our executive directors are based in Bristol, where TISCreport is based:
Jaya Chakrabarti MBE, CEO
Jaya is a passionate advocate for engaging business with community through technology to improve peoples lives, and was honoured with an MBE in the 2014 Queen's birthday honours list 'For services to the Creative Digital Industries and the community in Bristol'.
Cofounding digital agency Nameless in 1999, it soon became one of the leading creative digital agencies in Bristol, garnering clients that include such icons as Orange, Dyson, HSBC, the NHS, Channel 4, British Airways, RIBA, the RFU, Cancer Research, Sony Playstation and Warner Bros, topped by the Home Office and Food Standards Agency. Nameless' work with Visit Cornwall (VC) created an award-winning site winning Best Visitor Guide Website at the British Travel Awards and Best Tourist Board at the Travel Mole Website Awards.
Outside work Jaya has engaged with projects aimed at increasing democratic engagement, net neutrality, education, privacy, protecting children, womens' rights, human rights. Jaya has been active and enthusiastic in projects to help the wider community:
- An active advisory board member of the West of England Initiative Jaya presently serves as Vice President of the Bristol Chamber of Commerce and Initiative. She has been involved in many citywide cross-sector initiatives with education and technology such as Connecting Bristol/ The Digital Challenge and DC10Plus which aimed to increase social inclusion through the use of technology. She also served on Board of the Learning and Skills Council for the West of England as a non-executive director for the West of England until it was replaced by the Skills Funding Agency.
- In past years, she served on the Board of Bristol's Watershed Media Centre, Great Western Ventures and other tech initiatives.
- Jaya chaired the “Mayor for Bristol” campaign that achieved the only Yes vote in the country in May 2012. She also chaired a local democracy organization, Bristol Manifesto, aimed at ensuring that the disengaged are re-engaged and empowered..
- Outside local activities, as a member of OFCOM's Consumer Panel and their Advisory Committee on Older and Disabled People her reach extends nationwide.
- Jaya is also a Research Fellow with the University of Northampton Business School looking at corporate democracy and the gamification of social investments.
- ...and is also a Business Fellow with the Unversity of the West of England focusing on big data around the Modern Slavery Act
Jaya regularly speaks on leadership, digital stuff and matters of social justice for: Common Purpose, schools, Universities and membership organisations (West of England Initiative, Business in the Community, Digital Catapult, Sustainable Travel Awards...). She used to sing in a covers band, but can no longer handle the late nights..
Stuart Gallemore, CTO
Stuart's track record in digital and user-experience extends over nineteen years, pre-dating Google and almost pre-dating Amazon. He has worked on some very big brands on some very ambitious and successful technical developments, from Visit Cornwall, HSBC, Diageo, the NHS, the Home Office and the Food Standards Agency (England, Wales and Scotland), through to Sony PlayStation and Warner Bros. He is applying his vast digital skillbase to the task of ending Modern Slavery. Tiscreport is only the beginning...